Health Information Management (HIM) is dedicated to the effective management of patient information and healthcare data needed to deliver patient care, reimbursement and research.
Combining healthcare and technology
- State-of-the-art systems have been implemented to transition the paper-based medical record to an electronic health record.
- The HIM department works collaboratively with the IST department to support our caregivers and respond to the accelerated pace of technology.
- Home-based programs for coders and transcriptionists are available. The home based coding program provided an industry standard in the Denver metro area.
Who are we?
- HIM management at SCL Health are among the best in the field. State and national representation at AHIMA and CHIMA have provided leadership so current HIM topics are continually on the forefront. Interviews with national healthcare publications, speaking engagements at HIM State meetings, and teaching HIM classes at university levels are some of the HIM activities this staff has been able to provide.
- The HIM departments have been recognized for their efforts to impact the organization's financial stewardship, internal processes, and employee and continuous improvement efforts.
- The HIM management team is credentialed (e.g. RHIA, RHIT, CCS) and has a wealth of experience that supports opportunities for continuing education both internally and for others. Local HIM programs at Regis University and Arapahoe Community College have placed HIM students at SCL Health for practicum experiences.
Where are we located?
- HIM departments are located in SCL Health facilities throughout metro Denver.
- Acute care facilities include Lutheran Medical Center located in Wheat Ridge, Saint Joseph Hospital located in Denver and Good Samaritan Medical Center located in Lafayette.
- West Pines Behavioral Health Center and Collier Hospice Center are freestanding facilities located on the Lutheran campus.
- Colorado Lutheran Home, a long-term care and assisted living facility, is located in Arvada.
SCL Health documents your care by using a secure patient electronic medical record.
- Your secure electronic medical record will include your medical history, medications, allergies, test results and a summary of your care.
- Electronic medical records provide complete, legible and immediate information to your SCL Health doctors and care team.
- Better collaboration among your doctors and care team will provide you the safest and best quality care.
- When you go to any SCL Health hospital, your information will already be there! You won't have to remember the last time you had a specific test or the results.
- Only those authorized by SCL Health have access to your medical information. Personnel must have a user ID and password to access our system.
- SCL Physician clinics are transitioning to the same electronic medical record. When fully implemented, your medical record can be accessed at all our clinics and patients will have access to their medical information.
If you have any questions about your electronic medical record, please talk to your doctor or care team.