Emergency and Trauma Services
We're open 24/7 to meet your emergency needs.
Lutheran Medical Center's newly renovated emergency department is located 3 miles northwest of Highlands Square, and 3 miles south of Arvada. With our accredited chest pain center, Senior ER, 24/7 orthopedic surgeons and state-of-the-art technology, we're prepared for any critical situation.
New Senior ER
The Senior ER has 14 specially-designed, private patient rooms and increased size and ability to treat more patients. We continue to provide all the specialized care, screenings and environment that seniors appreciate and provide them a less chaotic and stressful experience while meeting their specific needs. Rest Assured. Lutheran Knows Seniors.
Primary Stroke Center
Lutheran is a Primary Stroke Center, recognized by the Joint Commission, and consistently provides some of the best stroke care in the nation. In fact, Healthgrades® placed Lutheran among the top 10% in the Nation for stroke care three years in a row.
24/7 Orthopedic Surgeons
We have orthopedic surgeons available 24/7 to handle any orthopedic needs when you need us most.
Accredited Chest Pain Center
As an Accredited Chest Pain Center, Lutheran Medical Center engaged in rigorous evaluation by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care for its ability to assess, diagnose, and treat patients who may be experiencing a heart attack. This means that processes are in place that meet strict criteria aimed at:
- Reducing the time from onset of symptoms to diagnosis and treatment
- Treating patients more quickly during the critical window of time when
the integrity of the heart muscle can be preserved
- Monitoring patients when it is not certain that they are having a heart attack to ensure that they are not sent home too quickly or needlessly admitted to the hospital
New ER details:
- Total of 50 individual patient treatment rooms universally designed for rapid, high-quality care and privacy. The size and layout of each patient room will better accommodate the caregivers, specialized equipment and appropriate number of family members.
- New highly visible, clearly marked and well-lighted walk-in entrance for patients and family members to gain quick access to care.
- A dedicated Fast Track area will be located closer to the walk-in entrance, allowing patients with less serious conditions to be served faster without impacting space availability for more acute or critical care patients.
- A specially designed area intended for Behavioral Health patients, with individual rooms and dedicated nurses’ station, allowing for a more private and secure care environment.
- Updated technology-based services readily available in all patient treatment rooms for nursing staff.
The Lutheran Medical Center Emergency Department has a Level III Trauma Center designation. Services are available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week and staff are equipped to handle emergency and urgent care situations.