Please click on a question below for more information.
We’re honored to share in your special day! Please pre-register your hospital stay during your 28th week of pregnancy. Fill out this online form or call 303-272-0999 to complete your registration. Prior to admission, we will attempt to contact your insurance carrier to verify eligibility and benefits. Additional information will be provided at your 36-week appointment.
Tours are offered at various times each month. Call us at 303-689-4595 to schedule a tour.
At Lutheran Medical Center, our focus is on you. Our staff is happy to discuss what’s important to you and your family and how we can accommodate your choices. We will also give you a personal tour. Please call 303-425-2515 to arrange a visit with an OB Nurse Navigator to answer questions and see our Birth Center.
Yes, it is a good idea to call your insurance carrier to determine authorization needs and benefits eligibility, as well as to determine the amounts of your co-pays and deductibles.
It is also important to note that you generally have 30 days from the date of birth to add your newborn to your primary insurance policy. We will notify your insurance carrier if you or your baby stays at the hospital longer due to complications.
Please call our registration office at 303-272-0999. A financial counselor will assist you in determining the best payment options for you.
Supplies for labor, including:
- Robe, slippers, warm, brightly colored socks
- Camera and batteries
- Basic toiletries
- Lotion, aromatherapy or other tools for labor
- Baby book for footprints
- Food for support person
- Phone number of people to call after the birth
- Nursing pads
- Boppy pillow
- Loose fitting underwear and clothing to wear home
Supplies for the trip home (Please leave your car seat and baby belongings in your car until after delivery):
- Car seat
- Hat and booties (Depending on the weather)
- Baby outfit may be stretch suit or whatever you have chosen
What does the hospital supply?
- Maxi pads and two pairs of disposable underwear
- A small tube of lanolin or comfort gels (Additional nursing supplies may be purchased at The Nursing Nook Giggling Green Bean)
- Nightgowns, although you may bring your own (If you’re planning to breastfeed, you may want a nightgown that opens in the front)
- Hair dryers
- Baby t-shirts
- Disposable diapers
- Receiving blankets
- Wash clothes
Your obstetrician, family practitioner or midwife will deliver your baby and care for you. However, your infant will need his or her own physician to provide care while you and your baby are in the hospital. It is very important you choose a pediatrician before you come to the hospital. Your doctor and insurance provider can help you choose a doctor for your baby. Feel free to ask your baby’s doctor about vaccinations. Call 303-425-2229 for additional information.